Tuesday, March 08, 2016

International Womens Day 2016



Today – International Womens Day 2016, I want to urge all my wonderful ladies to do themselves a favour and take a look at the wonderful women I had the pleasure of sharing last Friday with.  Inspiring doesn’t even cover it, I was blown away by their positivity, achievements and generosity.  Without sounding too much of a hippy chick - All these women resonated with me and the journey I’m on – I know some of you are with me, so encourage you, really, to take a look at the stories of these strong women too.





First I want to celebrate Lynne Franks – Power

She really is a serious power house and a massive inspiration.  Business women? PR guru? Womens rights campaigner? Writer? Speaker? Inspiration? Leader? Entrepreneur? Spiritual? Feminist? Teacher? Activist? Project manager? Advocate?  Spokeswoman? How many labels can I put on this woman and yet still not do her justice?  What struck me in spending the morning with Lynne Franks was how humble she actually was.  Not something you’d expect.  Maybe humble isn’t the right word, but like many of us that have achieved great success, she doesn’t revel in it or dwell on it, or sit back and pat herself on the back.  She uses each success, however big or small, as momentum to carry her to the next.  She looks to the future, to the next project, the upcoming, the leads, the opening of doors, the connections and the interactions that follow and inspire.

Lynne franks opened my eyes to power – in business and our own power to look after ourselves.  Finding – dare I say it – a wellbeing path that will suit you and not being afraid to follow it is one of the best things you can do to empower yourself, and your health, wellness and success.

Lynne Franks currently works on developing the idea of Sustainable Enterprise and Empowerment Dynamics – SEED. Check out the SEED Handbook – basically a guide for female entrepreneurs with a value based approach to creating and running sustainable business.  And if you want more check out GROW: The modern womans handbook and BLOOM: A womans journal for inspired living.
The SEED project also holds workshops and training via the Women Into Enterprise programme.  Working with local government agencies and charities – including Croydon Enterprise – and the Princes Trust.


If you do one thing today -  International Womens Day – DO THIS:

Join the SEED Network: http://seednetwork.co.uk/
And the community for women: http://www.seednetworkingforwomen.com/

Plus if you’re in the area http://www.croydonenterprise.org.uk/


Second lets celebrate Suzy Greaves – Inspiration

At the end of the day I had the pleasure and in fact the honour to spend time with and listen carefully to Suzy Greaves – the current editor of Psychologies magazine. Suzy Greaves is a writer, journalist, health coach, life coach – she is a guide, a teacher, a helper and an inspirational leader. Again, so many labels and I’m still finding it a struggle to describe this wonderfully inspirational lady. Suzy Greaves deals in stories.  Bear with me here as this may start to sound a little wishy washy, but in the end will – I promise – make perfect sense.

At no nonsense, we believe in your story – everyone has one and everyone is part of one, our own stories are constantly developing and we need to learn to steer then wisely.  We concentrate as you know on incorporating good health, nutrition, wellbeing and fitness into our and your lives.  We do this is a holistic manner, tailoring our no nonsense programs, consultations and advice to your story – your needs, wants, goals and beliefs.  But we need to understand your honest, true story and your reasons WHY before we start any kind of change or progression.  Suzy Greaves understands this too and I want to share some of her wise words, wisdom and questions today.


If you do one more thing today - International Womens Day – DO THIS:

Take some time and honestly answer these questions:
1)  What do I want to do with my life?
2)  Whats missing?
3)  What do I want more of?
4)  What do I want less of?
5)  When was/am I happiest?
6)  When was/am I most miserable?
7)  What do I want to create next?

They are tough questions for some people – but think on this too – a great one before you embark on any change in your health and wellbeing goals:


What old belief’s can you let go of in order to create a new story?
We all have our owns stories, often shaped by beliefs that have been instilled on us from others – your mother, your ex, your teacher, your boss for example – they may have instilled a limiting set of beliefs on you and these may be the ones that you have started to live.  Which ones can you rid yourself of?  Which ones are limiting? What new story do you want to create?

Finally – Suzy Greaves invites us to accept our story so far:
This is what happened
This is my truth
I will choose how my story ends

So ladies – today - ask yourself this:
How do you want your story to end?

Check out Suzy Greaves here:
And Phychologies magazine here:


Third I want to celebrate Shaa Wasmund – Anchor
 
Holding it all together on Friday was Shaa Wasmund MBE.  If you don’t know her, make it your mission today to find out more about her.

Shaa Wasmund was the facilitator of the event on Friday.  She is the women that made it all happen and steered us all in the right direction.  Shaa Wasmund helped everyone believe in not being afraid to be AUTHENTIC in every aspect of their lives.  For example in business – branding has to reflect you, your business, your attitude, your product, your influence, your creativity, your balance, your project and your real deal. If you shy away from being yourself, if you apologise for being yourself, if you try to be anything but yourself, if you be what you think others want you to be then this is just not going to work.  And at no nonsense, we want to see your authenticity – we want to see, help and support YOU.

On international women’s day we urge you to think about the power you will have if you can find the courage and confidence in your own lives to be  authentically you.  It’s SO HARD.  We get it. But believe me you can do it, and it will make you stronger, you will find things easier and you will be happier. 

Again – before we get to wishy washy and move further away from our no nonsense approach – we just urge you to take a look at Shaa Wasmunds work here as we cannot do her justice by trying to explain the concept in a short blog.


The third thing we urge you to do today – International Womens Day – is check out Shaa Wasmund: http://www.shaa.com/

So finally we want to wish all the women a Happy International Womens Day.  I want to send love out to all my ladies – my tribe – my supporters – my friends – my family – my no nonsense girls – the girls – the network – the strength

Join the community here:


 
To share your own stories, inspirations, goals and successes.

And for more info talk to me: info@nitakothari.com







No comments:

Post a Comment